Thank you for your interest in employment with Merfish Pipe & Supply. We are always looking for qualified candidates to add to our team. Merfish offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees, including medical, dental, life, and retirement savings plans.
PLEASE NOTE that all applicants must pass a drug and criminal background check. Applicants with a misdemeanor in the past three (3) years or a felony in the past five (5) years will not be considered eligible for employment. We are also part of the E-Verify program that verifies applicants’ authorization to work in the U.S.
TO APPLY for any of the below positions, please CLICK HERE to email your resume. Include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Job Title: Shipping and Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Kulpsville, PA
- Responsible for all functions relating to company’s warehousing, shipping/receiving, order picking and delivery operations. Responsible for coordinating all receiving, stocking and shipping efforts of the warehouse force, satisfying customer shipping requests. General authority to hire and terminate shipping and warehouse personnel.
- Oversee all shipping and warehouse personnel and provide direction concerning customer order picking, stocking, shipping, receiving, back ordering, delivery and paperwork control.
- Manage and maintain all personnel, including hiring and firing, training, records maintenance, counseling and discipline as they relate to the shipping and warehouse operation
- Ensure timely turnaround of all customer orders, from receipt of order to shipping or delivery
- Oversee physical plant and grounds maintenance, ensuring a safe, clean workplace and managing light building repairs as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring timely disposition of obsolete, damaged, and/or incorrect material.
- Responsible for attending management meetings and being prepared to report on department performance.
- Responsible for shipping department meetings necessary to facilitate open communication within the department.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in warehouse supervision including shipping and receiving required
- Knowledge of steel pipe industry a plus
- Need to have material handling skills, planning acumen, paperwork control and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Must be self- motivated and team-oriented
Merfish is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.